Monday, November 19, 2012

Sign of the Times


Months ago, I received this in the mail. It made my day! Except that day (like most days in my 1st trimester of pregnancy) was spent in bed. I admired my package (thanks JJ) and then put it in my sewing bin with hopes for the future!


Well, the future is here and I am feeling like my old self! Two weeks ago, I got out my quilting book (Thanks Ally!) and made a quilt for my sister's new baby girl coming this week (if she doesn't appear early!)




I thought about what to put on the back because they live in Hawaii and my go to fabric is usually minki and that would be too warm. I settled on flannel (white) and it turned out perfect, just right the right weight. Although the color will show every little stain - sorry Gen! I just love white - so crisp!

Now I can gear up for Thanksgiving! Although with a honey baked ham, potatoes au gratin (from a box), salad from a bag it should be a fairly easy meal...I am going to make rolls, jello, apple cake and fancy brownies, so there will be some cooking involved! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment