Friday, January 30, 2015

Carrot Soup

I have never made carrot soup before but I am trying to eat more natural, non-animal products. It hasn't been too hard. As long as I have left overs from dinner for lunch, I don't snack and feel filled. Today I purchased A LOT of carrots - 10 lbs for $4.99. And I thought I would give it a try (and it helps that I have 1/2 gallon of heavy cream that needs to be used).

Here is my recipe - a combination of two from allrecipes.com

2 1/2 cups chopped carrots (I didn't even peel them)
Put them in water and boil them. In a dutch oven combine:
3 T. olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
1 stalk of celery chopped
1 tsp. minced ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
grind some pepper
2 tsp. curry
1 cup black beans (I would add more next time)

Cook until soft. Add in 1 tsp. minced garlic. Then add 3 cups chicken broth.

When the carrots are soft, puree them and then add them to the soup. I had some extra diced tomatoes in the fridge and added those to the carrots when I pureed them. Gently combine and add
1/2 c. heavy cream

Child #3 loved it and ate two bowls. I doubt that Child #1 and Child #2 will even try it but at least I got one taker! And I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment